Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Attack by housewife

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Manzani_*

Guest_Manzani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

My husband had a virus on his laptop which I managed to fix through this forum. After I felt so confident that I thought I can fix anything and clicked around. He told me that the mouse pointer makes funny moves so I went to "tools/internet options/ advanced/ and clicked reset factory settings and went to bed. This morning I guess the laptop reset itself (just a guess) and has now a black start up screen...I tried to hold down every shortcut key...once with success and a weird blue screen came up which made me guess that I screwed up the settings of this laptop to factory settings...

May you please help me to fix it. I promise I will not put it on my " I DID THAT MYSELF LIST " but giving you the credit B)

He has a Inspiron 6000 Laptop Window Xp and it is connected through a wireless router..

Thank you in advance for reading this post.

Kind regards
computer attacking housewife

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Manzani_*

Guest_Manzani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Hi guy's
t still have not fixed the problem...laptop dell inspiron 6000 still blank ..trying to reboot and trying different short tcutkeys...the screen is black ..if I hid F 2 it says that operating wireless not connected/

I took out the battery let it sit for several hours nothing happened.

Please write a short notice if I am at the wrong site and I will not bother you again..

Kind regard

Manzani

#3 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

What exactly do you see when you first turn it on?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:23 PM

When the computer is first starting start tapping F8. Hopefully a similar to the one below will appear. This is the Advanced Boot Options page. If this opens use the up and down keys to navigate to Safe Mode and press Enter.

Posted Image

If you can boot into Safe Mode try doing a System Restore.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.

When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.

The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users