Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Napster Is Getting Away With

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 legsmcneil

legsmcneil

• Banned
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

Of course, European commercials are way racier than ones in the U.S. I heard this was a test commercial for Napster in the U.K. at www.getthewholething.com Can you imagine this on TV in the U.S.? Doubtful. It's super raunch and has this stripper girl on it...A mixed version of "Sunshine of Your Love". Not too bad. I am surprised that it has made it b4 the conservatives pounced... hehe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:04 PM

This was a Microsoft ad that ran for a few days, until Microsoft US found out about it and dropped it.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 legsmcneil

legsmcneil
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:45 PM

ummmmmmm... actually it's still running (i just checked) www.getthewholedeal.com I think what was taken off was a version which had two chicks (supposedly "released" in France according to the rumor mill) whispering naughty things to each other... it's edgy. I am surprised that they are going all out... but then again, sex sells right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users