Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mirroring Scsi To Ultra Ata?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdns9x

jdns9x

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

I have Windows 2000 on an existing 8GB scsi hard drive. I tried to install an 80GB Western Digital ultra ata hard drive to my computer with no avail. My bios wouldn't detect it or it would try to boot from it. Could someone explain this please? If not, then could someone explain how to mirror my hard drive to my new one. I think I could use Norton Ghost and save the image to my network. Then take out the scsi drive and install the ultra ata drive, but I'm not sure where I go from there. How do i load the image from the network to this new drive? Would it be easier if I had an external hard drive? Still not sure how to load the image from external hard drive to the WD hard drive if I did this either. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:22 PM

If your computer can accept a ATA drive install it and mirror it from within the computer. Go into the BIOS and change the boot order. You should have sotfware that came with that drive that will take care of the incompatiblity issue. If not the drive's web site should have it for download.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users