Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe flashplayer crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bd1000

bd1000

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Dear Bleeping computer: I had a terrible infection. thcbytes in the malware department guided me through a thorough and complete disinfection process. Of course many things were done and the computer has been cleaned. The computer operates very quickly now and the browser..firefox and IE both behave beautifully. I have a dell 4700 with XP home service pack 3. The problem I now experience is that I have and use google's mail as it is very good. My family also uses this. We have all installed video chat within gmail and it works great on my laptops. On this desktop however I use a Microsoft lifecam vx3000. With the lifecam software the webcam works fine. In gmail under settings and then Chat tab it allows you to verify the camera, sound and mic. Sound and mic work (the mic is through the vx3000. However when clicking the camera verify the adobe flashplayer crashes in firefox and in Internet Explorer it restarts the IE completely. Then another behaviour I noted was in gmail I tried to attach a jpeg file to email out and the browsers also crashed and restarted. These files are in my pictures folder. I moved the same picture to my desktop and then I could attach it without crashing. Thcbytes rechecked and double checked and I have no infections, he stated I post here for help. Like i said with all the disinfection something has become a miss and these features don't work. I tried using the adobe unistall on there website were all adobe flash is unistalled and then reinstalled the latest but still the same above problems. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

I would uninstall Flash completely...and see if the system crashes without it.

Louis

#3 bd1000

bd1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:51 AM

I did remove flash completely. I tried again to attach a file form my pictures folder in gmail and Mozilla crashed and closed. Under video chat in gmail since there is no flash it requests to install it again. Once reinstalled it crashes again.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Then...I would say that your gmail...is the problem, not Flash.

I'm not familiar with gmail, so I cannot offer any advice on it. Others here can :).

Louis

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:04 PM

I did remove flash completely. I tried again to attach a file form my pictures folder in gmail and Mozilla crashed and closed. Under video chat in gmail since there is no flash it requests to install it again. Once reinstalled it crashes again.

Trey uninstalling Flash using the uninstall tool at this link. Then reinstall.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users