Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do not download firmware for Samsung

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mgm99t

mgm99t

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Hello anyone that has Samsung products. I have been getting a message popping up saying that I need to update my firmware on my ML-1640 laser mono printer. I finally updated and now I get a solid red light on my printer and my smart panel says I have a invalid black toner. I put in a new toner thinking this would fix the problem but no. Still not working! I contacted Samsung and they told me all of their firmware upgrades are corrupt and freezing peoples computers. Now my printer is 13 months old and they want me to bring it to a shop and get fixed out of my own pocket when in the first place they told me it was their fault. I am still waiting for someone from head of services to get back to me but I am without my printer.

So does anyone know how I may be able to remove the firmware from my printer myself to speed up things and not spend out of pocket?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

Reinstall the previous firmware. Is this the firmware you installed?

Edited by killerx525, 07 December 2010 - 07:58 PM.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 mgm99t

mgm99t
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

Once the firmware was downloaded it was transfered over to my samsung printer. Ince it's there it can not be removed. After much complaining and communication Samsung replaced my printer for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users