Problem: I run Rkill and it stays at "Please be patient." for hours without ending.
1. I'm running in Safe Mode with Networking (after downloading required files, I've tried in plain Safe Mode also).
2. I'm running rkill as administrator (Vista Home Premium 32).
3. I've used rkill.exe with many different names. All get stuck at the same spot.
4. If I kill the cmd window, and restart rkill, I receive an error stating the process is in use. Have to reboot to start rkill again.
1) How do I know if rkill is actually doing anything at all?
2) If there is no way to know the rkill status, how long is the maximum time it will take to run? (I've let it run for around 3 hours without success.)
3) If rkill will not work, is there an alternative process I can use to get "Antivirus Action" off my PC (other than a wipe & reinstall of Windows)?
Edited by sbraughton, 07 December 2010 - 11:41 AM.