Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 jonno5088

jonno5088

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I too have picked up a virus like cudders wich states the following !

Attention!
Your computer has been blocked because of violating internet usage rules.
To unblock it you have to pay $100 to the U4752418 account of the Liberty Reserve payment system. After the payment you'll be provided with the code of automatic unblock.
In case of payment refusal, all of the information on your computer will be deleted without ability to restore.
Attempt of avoiding the blocked state without using the code will lead to full erase of the information stored on your computer.

Then there is a box for the unblock code.

I have tried following the advice given by tea bag but when it comes to
Boot the infected computer with the CD you just burned
The computer must be set to boot from the CD (varies from PC to PC > but generally F12, F11 or F9 will access the boot menu
it won't do anything ! I've pressed all three f buttons but nothing works.

Please can anyone help my laptop is a Dell Latitude e5500 !

Please please
Jonno

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

As this is a duplicate problem, the original can be found here, i've locked this thread. Please remember that it is one problem, one thread, to avoid multiple responses tying up extra Helpers on a single problem.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users