Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dedicated To All Those Who Didn't Get An Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:58 PM

I just stumbled over this site: SmashMyXbox.com.

The Plan
From the creators of SmashMyiPod.com, we bring you, SmashMyXbox.com!
After we collect $430 in donations, we will take that money to a local unspecified retailer, which opens at 12am on the launch date. We will purchase the Xbox 360, and destroy it in front of the other Xbox fanboys who are already waiting in line. We will try to be at the very front of the line. The whole thing will be shot on film, and displayed on this site. This is only a social experiment, for the entertainment of the donors, and visitors of this site.

Have a look at the video, haven't laughed like that in ages.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, i saw a vid where they took an EMPTY xbox360 BOX, drove in a car in front of the line of waiting fans, and threw it out the window......... followed by a rather intense baseball-bat flury........ It was rather funny.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

I must say, that was really funny.

It sucks because it was a brand new console and stuff, but its still funny too see people's responses. Probably more funny in my case because (not to be 'fanboy'ish) I wouldn't want an xbox360 anyway. Plus, I doubt I would get THAT angry to see a ps3 be deestroyed like that. Obviously, I'd be thinking "that was kind of a waste" but I doubt it would anger me as much as their hate mail was. Hey, wasn't that in Canada? If so, why was all the hate mail "F U America"?

in all, VERY FUNNY

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

It may be funny but think about how stupid it is!

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:40 PM

It may be funny but think about how stupid it is!

In terms of destroying something brand new for no reason, yea. However, seeing their hatemail especially is what makes it funny.

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:45 PM

Lol, it's an attack on all those people that take stuff like this seriously. If you get pissed off over someone destroying an electronic gaming console, you should probably focus on getting some more activity in your life....

#7 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:00 PM

Lol, it's an attack on all those people that take stuff like this seriously. If you get pissed off over someone destroying an electronic gaming console, you should probably focus on getting some more activity in your life....

lol the hate mail totally proves that, who would call somebody a 'noob' and a 'geek' for smashing an electronic gaming system? stupid people.

*edit* doesn't that mean that they don't care? but then again, many people's response to somebody different or plays differently from them is "at least I have a life" and "You are a noob". so goes the gaming life lol, which is why I strive to NOT be like idiots of the internet.

Edited by Wizdabest, 03 December 2005 - 01:03 PM.

#8 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:02 PM

Something else i thought of..... The people getting all pissy really have no reason to be. The guys that built that site clearly listed their steps, and that included showing up freakin early to grab some of the earlier spots in the line. So, they wait and wait, then pay the proper amount of money to get their system, then destroy it. Well, they got it fairly, so why shouldn't they be able to do what they want to it?

Now, if the people of the site cut in line, got a discount, or got one for free for a promotion, i can sorta see why people would be pissed off. But if the people that really wanted one showed up before the destroyers, they wouldn't have had to worry about it. It all comes down to "who wants it more". You can't flame the people that destroy it for "stealing your console" if you don't show up before them.....

#9 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:37 PM

lol good point. Absolutly no reason to be pissed off, it was their money through donatinos, meaning that many people wanted to see this happen. Gotta love it.

#10 Grid

Grid

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:19 AM

That was f'n Hilarious :thumbsup: :flowers: Those guys should have their own show

#11 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:12 PM

"Can I have your controller?" Ah man that made me laugh.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#12 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:29 PM

That was great!!! :thumbsup:

I really liked the expressions of the people standing around watching!! :flowers: I can't wait till they destroy the other next gen systems!

#13 Grid

Grid

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:41 PM

"Can I have your controller?" Ah man that made me laugh.

I know - the guy didn't even catch the hint he was being completely ignored
:thumbsup:

Edited by Grid, 11 December 2005 - 09:44 PM.

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

:thumbsup: :flowers:
Posted Image

#15 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

OMG that was too funny....and the looks on the faces of the bystanders....PRICELESS!!!!!
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users