Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robar

Robar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

After CCleaner Missing Itunes file
After running CCleaner I can no longer get Itunes 9.2.1 to run. I have no desire for the lastest Itunes 10. When I click on any Itunes icon, I cannot get it to open. I even re-downloaded 9.2.1 again and hoped it wouldn't lose my music. If offerd a repair option to find missing files and install new ones. That didn't help either. Will installing Itunes all over again cause me to lose my music? Would that do the job or would I have two Itune programs on my computer? It had been several days since I ran CCleaner and the files and original registry were not in the Recycle bin. Not sure if there would still be backups. System restore did help either. I am running WinXP and any help would certainly be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:36 AM

Have you checked to see if the music files are still there? In Windows XP the default location should be in the "My Music" directory -- look for an Itunes "folder." Note: this is the location of downloaded music, etc., not the program files.

#3 BeachBumLI

BeachBumLI

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:21 PM

Typically iTunes just reads the files that are located elsewhere on your computer, so deleting and reinstalling the software shouldn't delete the files. However, as Capn Easy said, you should locate the folder that the music files, and I would recommend backing them up to be certain that they are not lost in the process.
Dell Inspiron 1520--Intel Core 2 Duo/1.5 GHz--2 GB RAM--230 GB HD--Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family--Windows XP--Avast! AV Free--Spybot S&D--Malwarebytes--Hijackthis--Chrome (primary browser) Firefox and IE (rarely used)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users