Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Aemirix

Aemirix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hello potential saviors!

I've been surfing around your forums for several days now, and it looks like I have the same virus as other people. Though, I noted in one of the introductory boards that it's best to start your own thread for personalized help.

I seemed to have picked up the redirect virus. I'm running Windows XP, and the default web browser is Firefox. All of my search engine results redirect to what I assume aren't very nice sites if my Trend Micro is constantly blocking it. Just to be sure, I tried different combinations of IE and Firefox, with Google, Yahoo, and Bing, and they all yield the same result. However, it's bypassed entirely if I copy/paste the URL from the search result.

My first warning that I had contracted something was Nov. 16th after one of the weekly Trend Micro scans pulled something up that said it was located in the system32 folder, called 'csncui.dll'. It was unable to 'fix', remove, or quarantine it. My tech person recommended I try MalwareBytes, so I ran that, and it said it found 13 infected items. It gave me the option to remove them, so I did.

After going back and testing out Google again only to find I'm still being redirected, my tech person recommended trying TDSSkiller as well, which yielded no results.

Just this morning, I ran a quick scan with Trend Micro, and this is also telling me there's nothing wrong with my system, but I'm still be redirected from every search engine result.

At this point, my tech person recommended seeking help on a reliable forum, because he's out of the country until mid-January.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users