Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deleting a game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OS51

OS51

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Hey all. So basically, I have Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force, and it's buggy, and I want to re-install it. My problem is that when I try to do so, the game won't un-install. I've run the un-installer, deleted the game folder, deleted users/<user>/appdata/roaming/stvef, and deleted all the registry entries I could find of it, and still, when I re-install it, the problems remain. I'm even able to play a couple maps whose PK3 files are nowhere near BaseEF (the folder where they have to be for you to play on them). It is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of, and I have no idea how to get rid of the problem. And before anyone suggests formatting my hard-drive, I can't do that. :)

Thanks a lot!
-OS51

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hi,

Did you try Your Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller :)

#3 OS51

OS51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

You mean the game-provided un-installer? Yeah, I've used that. I'm pretty sure I've done everything "usual" to get rid of it - there's something unusual going on that's saving my configuration (when I go back in all the controls are the same etc.), and the problems right along with it.

-OS51

#4 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

No I don't mean the game provided uninstall, that usually doesn't work!

I meant on program called Your Uninstaller, you can download the trial version here

Another excellent program is Revo Uninstaller, you can download the trial version here

Hope this will help, and if not, we will see what next to do :thumbup2:
:busy:

Max

Edited by max7bg, 06 December 2010 - 03:07 PM.

#5 OS51

OS51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

SUCCESS!!! Thanks a lot, buddy! Your Uninstaller failed miserably, but Revo succeeded epicly! It found files where I didn't think there were any and RIPPED them from my computer! The games works now! Yaaaay!

Thanks again! I owe you one, my friend. :)
-OS51
EDIT: There still seem to be a few problems, and I'm not sure why. On one map, for example, the bots don't seem to know enough to play and go through to the enemy base, and I'm also getting very low FPS (Frames Per Second), and the bots are using my character's skin.

Edited by OS51, 06 December 2010 - 09:38 PM.

#6 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:45 AM

SUCCESS!!! Thanks a lot, buddy! Your Uninstaller failed miserably, but Revo succeeded epicly! It found files where I didn't think there were any and RIPPED them from my computer! The games works now! Yaaaay!

Thanks again! I owe you one, my friend. :)
-OS51

You are very welcome :)

EDIT: There still seem to be a few problems, and I'm not sure why. On one map, for example, the bots don't seem to know enough to play and go through to the enemy base, and I'm also getting very low FPS (Frames Per Second), and the bots are using my character's skin.

It seems to be a bugs in the game, did you try to download patches for the game!

Regards,
Max

#7 OS51

OS51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

It seems to be a bugs in the game, did you try to download patches for the game!

Regards,
Max

There's something called an "Expansion pack," which I have, that's supposed to include all patches.

-OS51

#8 max7bg

max7bg

• Banned
  • 317 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

Hi,

Don't know how to help further, because i didn't have problem like that, and didn't play this game
Try to find solution(if exist) at some game forums... for example www.gamefaqs.com

Regards,
Max

#9 MickinPlymouthUK

MickinPlymouthUK

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

Ask in your OS's main forum, I think there's a prog called something like "Unlocker" that gets rid of anything that won't install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users