Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"windows explorer has stopped working"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ccott

ccott

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

hello everyone
i have recently began getting the error message "windows explorer has stopped working" "windows explorer is restarting" this is on a continuous loop, every couple of seconds. i am running windows vista 32 bit, have scanned with avast virus scanner and malwarebytes, no problems found.
thanks
chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scorpia13

scorpia13

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

There could be some problem with your modem and internet connection. I don't know if this will help, but I tried it and it worked. Turn off your modem (if you have one) for a minute and turn it back on. Wait for another minute and try opening you internet. That should work, but if it doesn't, contact your internet service provider (e.g. telecom) and ask them what the problem could be.
The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.

#3 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

hello,

alot of people say this has help solve the same problem....

good luck

post back with results please!

edit... don't download the registry cleaner, read the article!!!

Edited by keny111111, 09 December 2010 - 07:09 PM.

Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#4 B5Anteros

B5Anteros

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

hello,

alot of people say this has help solve the same problem....

good luck

post back with results please!

edit... don't download the registry cleaner, read the article!!!

Hi,

I have this same problem and I tried this fix. It does not work because I have no icons, including the start button. Any other suggestions?

[EDIT] Never mind. I found the culprit and deleted it. Turned out to be GodMode file. Won't mess with that again... and my Vista is 32bit.

Edited by B5Anteros, 08 January 2011 - 11:26 AM.

HP Envy 1417c = Intel i7 3770 at 3.4 GHz = 12 GB RAM = Pegatron 2AD5 Motherboard = 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001-9YN164 Disk Device = Several External HD's = 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 = Windows 8 64 bit = Mozilla Firefox = Avast Free = Windows Defender.

#5 philipday

philipday

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

hello

my laptop was infected and i downloaded rkill on my desktop and ran that on the laptop which removed the problem.
I then went through the list of installed programs and removed the ones which i did'nt use but evidently i must have removed something to do with vista and the laptop will no longer startup but just shows a black screen. i can hear the fan running when i switch on but nothing comes on the screen.
Ant help would be appreciated.

#6 geek117

geek117

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

Most often, this problem is virus related.

#7 mowclyde

mowclyde

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

I have the same problem after doing the Godmode file thing.  I don't know how to delete the file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users