Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rogue antivirus malware- help with safely removing.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Conrad1

Conrad1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Okay, my basic problem is that I am afraid to follow the guide on how to uninstall "Antivirus Action" because I caught a similar virus which was basically the same thing under a different name. It told me that blah blah blah was stealing my credit card information and all that jazz every two to three seconds. So I downloaded malware bytes and R-Kill but they won't execute because the virus closes them immediately- exactly what happened last time. The guide says to log into safe mode and get rid of it, but if you can't do that to not keep trying because it will disable the computer from every working properly again or something. I didn't listen last time and I went through with the safe mode method and as you can imagine it wouldn't start and I ended up getting a new hard drive I think. So now I'm at the same point with the same kind of virus. I tried getting into safe mode once by tapping F8 and it wouldn't go. It appears to me that I can either A: Leave the virus on my computer or B: Get rid of it but absolutely destroy my computer. So can someone please tell me what I can do? Thanks, any input would be much appreciated.

Here's the link to the guide's I mentioned.

Removal guide for Antivirus action: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-action

Safe Mode guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#winxo

Why not to attempt to keep getting into safemode if unable to: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/#force_safemode

Edited by Budapest, 05 December 2010 - 07:56 PM.
Moved from XP ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Conrad1

Conrad1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

Also my friend told me today that i might have to get my computer whiped, but is there anything else I can do?

#3 Conrad1

Conrad1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users