Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secunia PSI says my system needs patching?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arstone112

Arstone112

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

After doing a scan with the Secunia PSI, I was told that my system score was 100% which was apparently really good. But under that result it told me: "Compared to users WITHOUT the Secunia PSI installed, your Secunia System Score is 85% WORSE - install patches now"

What on earth is this supposed to mean? I am quite confused :S

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

According to this discussion thread at Secunia, its a known bug. I don't use the program so I can't confirm.

IMO, if a program has known bugs, then I would not trust the results....and would look for alternatives:

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Just a note regarding SUMo:

WARNING: Should you decide to download SUMo, please ensure that you download the "NoRK" version (find it on the download page, it is the link with the letters "RK" crossed out - see screen shot below). The full version comes with a program called Relevant Knowledge, which is detected by most security software as spyware. While I agree with many that have contacted me that the developer is (at best) damaging his reputation by bundling SUMo with RK, you may read his explanation here. The "NoRK" version is identical to the full version, only without the spyware, and therefore deserves to be on this list.

Posted Image

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-software-update-monitor.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users