Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I appear to have a trojan infection (possibly a worm) scanners aren't catching it.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 VicVegas

VicVegas

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:43 PM

I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I'm nervous and out of sorts because of the holidays. This isn't helping.

Anyway, AVG ran an automatic scan last night and came up with 3 trojans that it moved to the virus vault, however my scan history says there were 5 that it found and that it killed 4 of them. At the time of the scan it told me to restart my computer to finish the removal, which I did, but when it started up again AVG hadn't done anything, and it still shows up in the history as uncured. After a few symptoms started showing up I installed Malwarebytes on my computer and came up with nothing.

Unfortunately I have the infected computer turned off right now, due to my worries over the virus being a worm, so I only have what I wrote down about them now.

These are the nicknames used by AVG
Trojan horse generic20.GUY
Trojan horse generic20.ZKQ (2 of these were shown)

The filenames were.
mstsc.exe
vaio-sutool.exe (used twice, same file as the nick above)

Anyway, on to the symptoms.
Nothing really seems to be wrong with Internet Explorer, though it may be running a tad slow, I did not experience any redirects when I was downloading MBAM.
The main two things I've noticed are that Task manager isn't showing any of it's features, like the options to switch between Applications, Processes, Performance, Networking, and Users are all gone as well as there being no exit button. Also when I tried to enter Safe Mode to re-scan with MBAM and instead it took me to what I believe to be a fake Vaio Recovery Center, where non of the options would do anything other than tell me it was already running.

The reason I believe it to be a worm is because I took the file names I listed and looked them up on ThreatExpert (not surprised if you guys don't use that) and came up with mostly trojan/worm results. Are there any precautions I should take to avoid spreading it to my other computers?

And that, I'm afraid, is all I know.
My parents are really pressuring me to get it fixed FAST and I don't know what to do. All this frustration is 'literally' giving me an ulcer. :angry:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users