Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mcmccarty

mcmccarty

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

I have a Google redirect virus that I cannot get rid of. Can a tech help me and supervise a removal? I have everything downloaded and ready to use but will need your expert assistance.

Many thanks,
Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mcmccarty

mcmccarty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

Sorry, I should have included more information. I am running Windows XP. The problem is that for certain Google searches I will click on a site and it will redirect me to another url that is not the one listed in the search. The very first time this happened I downloaded several other viruses when I clicked on that redirected site. I have cleaned most everything off, mostly using PC Spyware Doctor, but the Google Redirect virus still remains. Several scans do not detect the virus itself and other tutorials and methods have failed to remove it.

I have downloaded De-fogger, DDS, Rootkit Unhooker and ComboFix but have not run anything until I receive further instructions from someone who can help oversee the removal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users