Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Right shift key issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ceesar

Ceesar

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:16 AM

am using win7 ultimate. of late i noticed i can't use my right shift key to type uppercase characters for the entire row of A,S,D,F,G,H,J,K,L,:( used left shift to type this)
and unable to type double quotes using either of the shift keys. all other keys working with right shift. i suspect a virus activity! even though ran a full scan using AVG internet security 2011 and found nothing, the problem continues.

i have another win7 in another partition and am able to use the right shift key with no problem.

any suggestions in this regard is welcome.

thanks..

prasan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:54 AM

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your keyboard driver, it may have become corrupt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users