Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVAST download

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lloyc

lloyc

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:30 AM

Hi
am hoping someone can help. have just paid for a new AVAST virus protection software package. But I can't open the attachment sent to my email with the licence number so can't complete the download. I can't ask the company I brought it from for help because I don't have the licence number.
I am stuck...
The message when i try and open it takes me to a Windows help but I have not been able to find anything there to help me. I don't know what type of file I am missing that woudl open it
Any ideas would be so gratefully received.

AVASTLIC (Avast! License File)
Licence file used by commercial versions of avast!, an antivirus software; contains the subscription and authorization information that registers the application on the computer; includes the license… More…

Developed ByAVAST Software
Related Softwareavast! Pro Antivirus · avast! Internet Security

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 08:38 AM

have just paid for a new AVAST virus protection software package. But I can't open the attachment sent to my email with the licence number...I can't ask the company I brought it from for help because I don't have the licence number.

Wasn't the license included in the email instead of inside the attachment?

If not, you still can contact avast and ask for assistance rather than assume you can't ask them. Rather than submit a ticket which may require the license number, speak to a support rep directly so you can explain what is going on.

avast! Community, Customer Support

PAID product users call
+1 877-314-5079

The avast! License Center also includes a link to resend your license.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users