Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

? Root kit

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tenderwarrior68

tenderwarrior68

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

I have a friend who gave me her laptop to look at as it is not working right. She is running XP Pro 2002 SP3.

I backed up the registry.
I installed Norton Internet Security 2010, Ad Aware Free Internet Security Anti-virus_anti-spyware+rootkit and MBAM Malwarebytes' Anti-malware.
Ran the programs and removed any infections detected.
Went into Safe Mode and ran programs and removed any infections detected.

NIS 2010 has been telling me intrusion attempts are being blocked it. Listed them below.

01n02n4cx00.com
1|1|16b0.com
The attacks are resulted from \Device\HARDDISKVOLUME1\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX.EXE and \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME1\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\SVCHOST.EXE.

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users