Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

doubt about page branching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ayush

ayush

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

every browser has somewhat its own way of rendering codes..... like Netscape like IE.... but what about Mozilla and chrome how they are different in rendering the codes.....

and suppose i want to do page branching (according to browsers) so we use

navigator.appName=="Netscape" for netscape
navigator.appName=="Internet Explorer" for IE
so in similar fashion can we use
navigator.appName=="Chrome" for chrome
navigator.appName=="Firefox" for mozilla firefox

and do chrome and mozilla use any spl html tag

like layer is in netscape...

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

What is it that you are asking exactly? Are you asking how to do browser specific javascript, or how to detect different browsers, or about Mozilla and Chrome specifically?

#3 ayush

ayush
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:22 PM

actually i am asking how to detect different browsers .. iknow about IE and netscape... but can i detect browser like chrome and firefox using the above mentioned code...

and my second doubt was ... can chrome and firefox support any special tags like netscape support <layer>...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users