Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External video capture device

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 r6speed

r6speed

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi, I am trying to catch some thiefs in the act.
I already had a little wireless camera that came with a reciever to tune into the camera. The reciever is rca output, so I bought one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/EasyCap-RCA-USB-2-0-Video-Capture-In-VCR-VHS-DVD-maker-/370399617983?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563d89a3bf
I installed the driver and software no problem (running vista) but now I plug in the rca from the reciever (which has an adjustment knob to tune in) and no matter what I can't get the computer to pick up the device. I hooked it directly to the tv and with a couple twists of the knob had picture no problem. I'm wondering if I need to be using different software or if I'm doing something wrong?

This rca to usb device is not showing up in "my computer" either...but device software AND driver installed properly and "ready to use" according to windows...

Any and all help greatly appriciated!

P.S. would like to eventually figure out how to get this motion detected (once again difference software, but I gotta get it working first...)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r6speed

r6speed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

No one can help?

#3 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

is it showing up in device manager?

#4 r6speed

r6speed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

nope, acts like it doesn't exist, its weird I can't figure it out.

#5 PolaBar

PolaBar

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

It may be the device is just no good. I suggest returning it to the seller.

#6 r6speed

r6speed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

I emailed the seller to see if they have had any "defective" ones and if I could return it, I will get back with what they say, thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users