Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 8 Consistenly Crashing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CompFreak95

CompFreak95

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hi this is my first time posting on here so if I forgot anything please let me know.
Anyways, my problem is that my Internet Explorer 8 is consistently crashing every time I start it up. As soon as I start it up, 9 out of 10 times it will give me a message saying "Internet Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." After waiting a few seconds it says "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." When I click the "Close Program" button, it doesn't close Internet Explorer, it only just keep it open and re-opens the tab saying "A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab." It should be noted that the only thing I did recently to Internet Explorer that could cause the problem was; 1. I did a Disk Cleanup. 2. I deleted all the temporary files inside internet options (Cookies, History, Passwords, etc.) Also, as soon as Internet Explorer closes and reopens the tab, the problem happens again with the same error message coming up, making me have to resort to ending the process from task manager in order to close it for good. I have Windows 7 and my Internet Explorer Version is 8. If I reinstall Internet Explorer, will I lose all my favorites and stuff like that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CompFreak95

CompFreak95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

Nevermind, it seemed to fix itself over time (it no longer gives me errors).

#3 Cassandra_IE_Team

Cassandra_IE_Team

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hi CompFreak95,

I'm glad to hear that the problem fixed itself. If you run into this again, try resetting your IE settings back to default. This will allow you to start over fresh with IE, but will keep your favorites intact. To reset IE settings, Open Internet Explorer > Click Tools, and then click Internet Options > Click the Advanced tab > Under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset.

Cheers,
Cassandra
IE Outreach Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users