Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web surfing painfully slow but downloading files are normal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

I have absolutely no idea what my problem is, so I hope someone may be able to help me here.
I have two browsers in Windows 7, default IE and Safari, I did have google chrome but uninstalled it as it was displaying error notice upon opening and thought it was my problem (can't remember the notice now) but the problem still persists.
I cannot use safari as it just locks up upon opening and I have to end task through task manager. So I can only use IE (the current version).
When I open IE, my home page is google, add-free so opens nice and quick but not at the moment it takes around 1-2 minutes to open, typing in a search term say bleepingcomputer click search, the wait begins to load the search results, again anywhere from 45 seconds - 2 minutes for that. Click on my top result which is this site, and the fun part begins,this took quite a while to get the main page opened say 3-5 minutes approc. Enter my login detail and wait a few minutes to log in, click click on forums, wait a few minnutes, enter the topic I wanted (this topic), another couple of minutes, as you can see the waiting time is exessive.
I went that painful process accessing another site so I could test downloading a file, downloading that file was normal, 4MB in less than a minute. So that rules out my internet connection and leaves this problem either to the browser of my laptop I don't know which. I've done nothing different from any other day, it just ended up like this when I booted up this morning, it was fine yesterday, and every other day beforehand.

The other computer is running perfectly normal. I normally use my Mac computer but it is away have a new cd/dvd drive put in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

I few thing I did try were disabling add-ons etc, and even resetting IE and nothing seem to have worked except i crack the S**** and turned the laptop off and I thouth I'd boot up and see if there was anything different and for some reason the stupid thing is working normal again. Must just be one of those things. Who's knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users