Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Pro 2007 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anniecrystal

anniecrystal

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

Have a new laptop with Windows 7 and would like to load my Office Pro 7 upgrade on to the computer. The eligibility program for it was Works 6, which was factory installed on my old computer. Works 9 is reportedly compatible with Windows 7, but I can only find OEM copies of it. Are they OK for individual owners to use? I only intend to load the software on to the computer long enough to load my my Office Pro 2007. Can a load and delete as I have planned to do? Can I use any eligible Works 6.0+ in order to get the 2007 to load?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jbitgood

jbitgood

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:33 PM

If Works 6 was factory installed on the old computer, it's very likely OEM, which means it's tied to the computer.

Was the upgrade program part of the purchase of the old computer in the form of a coupon? If so, I believe you're unfortunately out of luck again. Those programs are almost always tied to that specific copy on that specific computer. If not, you should be able to buy Works 9 and do the upgrade. It's readily available all over the place, and you can even buy it directly from Microsoft (albeit at full retail) at http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/default.mspx.

#3 anniecrystal

anniecrystal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

I guess I didn't make my self clear enough. The Office Pro 2007 upgrade was bought separately. I have the disks but when I try to load the software it looks for one of the eligible softwares. Unfortunately, Microsoft does not any longer carry the Works 9. It refers you to an organization where you can buy and sell called buy.com which is somewhat like Amazon. There are plenty of other places that claim to sell Works 9, but they are all OEM version/copies. Since I just want to put it on my computer long enough to load my Office 2007, will an OEM copy work? And do I need to leave the Works 9 on my computer once my Office Pro is loaded?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users