Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Install cant Detect Hard Drive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sergeant Fox

Sergeant Fox

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

Hi I have been trying all day to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my first custom PC build. I guess i can start with the list of parts.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX

GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard Rev 2.1

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

Now i have been doing some searching and reading other posts on this to no help. The things i have tried have been to make sure the Optical is the master and HDD is the slave on IDE channel 0. I have made sure im using a VGA cable during the installation. Tried different Sata cables. As well as downloading the drivers on the motherboard from here and including these drivers. Windows said none of them are correct.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3520&dl=1#dl

Chipset Version

AMD Chipset Driver (include chipset \ sata raid driver)

SATA RAID

GIGABYTE SATA2 Preinstall driver

AMD SATA RAID Driver

AMD SATA AHCI Driver

None of those drivers have allowed me to see the HDD during installation and nothing else has helped. I have no idea what to do or whats wrong. So any other information you require just let me know otherwise any help will be grateful. Thank you ahead of time for any help.

Edited by Sergeant Fox, 04 December 2010 - 03:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darth sidious

Darth sidious

• Members
  • 248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

You don't install any drivers yet except raid maybe.

Go into the bios under advanced bios features i think set sata mode to ide.
HP Compaq 6715b Notebook--AMD Turionx2 2.2Ghz 64 Mobile TL-64--4GB DDR2 667Mhz--Compaq 6715b--fujitsu siemens 500GB sataII Internal, Toshiba 1TB EXT HD Backup--IGP ATI Radeon x1250 128MB--Broadcom a\b\g Wlan adapter built in, Sonicwall TZ100, Dlink DSL 2740b--Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and linux ubuntu dual boot--Firefox 4.0 &IE8--Eset Firewall--Nod32 antivirus & Spyware Doctor--Malwarebytes anti malware.

#3 Sergeant Fox

Sergeant Fox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Thank You for your reply but i found this and it worked great.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91339-ssd-hdd-optimize-windows-reinstallation.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users