Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

E-mail account compromised

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kevennt

Kevennt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

Hi, I am new. Hello! Well, I am just too embarassed to say what I did, but let's say that I let some stranger take control of my computer thinking they were going to help me with my security system of all things..and well I was scammed and hotmail hacked. After that my hotmail account inbox got loaded and all my friends on my list from the hotmail account got strange messages as well.

SO I deleted the hotmail account, changed every password of everything I could think of. Now I am worried that that was not enough. The reason I am worried is not my trendmicro security keeps telling me that my credit card number is being blocked (that is good of course) but why is this data trying to go out in the first place?!!!!! I do not store my credit card number on my computer though it is stored at various sites like Paypal and so forth. I did a hijackthis log, but I cannot tell anything by it. Am I in trouble or okay?

Thank you, K

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users