Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security tool headache

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 msw1748

msw1748

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:55 AM

i recently aquired a new security tool somehow and immediately it wreaked havoc. this is what i did running windows 7 64bit on an hp notebook. this is now the second time i have gotten rid of a virus this way in my computer travels. one thing i learned is you gotta know what the file is actually called. the security tool file was actually called 449644.exe, once you figure this out you are on your way. you will finally get to the point where you cant do anything. time is of the essence as well as paying close attention to the boot process. unfortunatley you will have to restart the comp. and you will want to do that as little as possible. the more times you reboot the more chances it has to manifest itself permanantly. right after the starting windows screen leaves and just as your profile is opening start right clicking on the taskbar and open the task manager. apparantly at this point the virus hasnt loaded yet. immediately click the process tab then right click on the 449644 line then click end process tree. it is definitely easier said than done as the os will still be booting and everything is loading so you may find yourself clicking more than anything is happening. once you end that process you got em against the ropes. finally i opened regedit.exe and searched the registry for the 449644.exe and from there deleted it. its been about a week and so far there is no trace of it. i am not convinced that i am out of the woods with this but as it stands i have full control and full access so beware and prepare yourself for its return because it did try again. it will literally look like its scanning your system and identifying problems then offering a free fix. if suddenly a bunch of stuff starts popping up be sure you read the stuff before you just start clicking ok. im interested in seeing if this works for anyone else.

Edited by msw1748, 04 December 2010 - 03:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users