Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey guys nothing major

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drck

Drck

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

Hey guys im just posting on here to see if you can find any mishaps with the HJT log, i already did a full sweep of anti virus and was just checking to see if i missed anything

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,287 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

HJT logs should not be posted in this forum.

If you have malware issues...

Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html , please pay particular attention to Step 10 and all subsequent instructions.

Louis

#3 Drck

Drck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

to start, there is nothing in the rules for this exact forum that states i should not post a Hijack This log, but aside from that all i need is for someone to scan the log and tell me if i missed anything. I've already undergone aggressive removal steps, such as shredding the files in question using Linux, and the trojan alert that caused this whole mess may have been simply a false positive, all i need is a second opinion

you being a moderator i am almost certain you can move this post to the appropriate forum and bump it so that it gets the attention it is due,

in no way do i mean any disrespect i merely think it is unfair to simply dismiss my issue because i posted in the wrong forum initially, even though i did not explicitly break any of the "Read before Posting" rules,

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

Only trained malware helpers are permitted to assist members who post DDS/HJT style logs. They as a general rule do not visit the OS forums. So while it is not explicitly stated there are only two forums that deal with malware related type logs. Those are the forum,s the the malware helpers visit. Therefore if you were to post a log here it would likely sit without a response to it. This is why we strongly encourage you to post your logs in the proper forums to enable you to get the assistance you are asking for.

The two forums are Am I infected? What do I do? No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum. However GMER, MBAM, and other logs are permitted. How do I get help? Who is helping me?explains more about how we go about helping and what tools we use.

The other forum is: Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs This is where all the malware logs that the helpers ask for can and will be analyzed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users