Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Airport Extreme antenna port

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dtommyd

dtommyd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:33 AM

I realize this is a hardware question but I need a Mac person to help me. I have an Airport Extreme model A1034 (emc no:1948 if needed). It was given to me and I want to add an antenna to it as it has the port for it. See pictures that I hope they don't pull from this listing. I'd like to put an antenna onto this but I can't find any info about the port. What kind of port? is it proprietary? I have seen an antenna that was sold with it once but I want something new/modern and I'd like to extend it a bit (3-10ft) - If thats an issue I'd also take an antenna that fits in there too. In other words, "what should I buy from ebay?" -- I'm just looking to extend my coverage a bit.
Posted Image
And below- the port in question.
Posted Image

Thanks you so much in advance. I know it's old, but I can't believe it's so hard to figure this out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:17 AM

MCX type plug.

#3 dtommyd

dtommyd
  • Topic Starter