Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ATI2DVAG BLUE SCREEN

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 howard11

howard11

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Can anyone help with this problem please?? It seems to be happening more often. As far as I know it is a driver problem. Unfortunately I don't know how to safely remove the old ones and check for new ones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

Is this blue screen for the Hardware Wizard?

Can you post the whole error message?

The ATI2DVAG error is indicative of a ATI driver problem. Try reinstalling the PCI-to-PCI bridge drivers.

Start> Run, type in mmc devmgmt.msc. Scroll down to System Devices, click on the + in the box to the left of this to expand the tree. Scroll down and right click on PCI-to-PCI bridge, click on Properties, Driver, Uninstall driver. Do this with all of the PCI-to-PCI bridges. When you restart your computer it will reinstall the drivers.

If this doesn't work, you will need to go online and find the PCI-to-PCI bridge drivers and manually install them. Go through the same process to the point where you uninstall the drivers, at this point click on Update rather than uninstall. Choose to manually install the driver.

Edited by dc3, 04 December 2010 - 03:01 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 howard11

howard11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

thanks. the only things i can find there are these two.
inter®82801BA/CA PCI Bridge - 244E
and PCI Bus. Can't see pci-to-pci.
Should i do what you said with either of these?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

Do it with the PCI-to-PCI.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users