Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total Joomla newbie has the dumbest Q ever...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sillywilly66

sillywilly66

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

As I said, I'm a total newbie to Joomla...Went to Joomla.org downloaded v1.5.17 (newest) and xampp...set it all up using the quick start guide from Joomla.org, running as a local host, in the guide they have you set up a fake site about landscaping, it was fun for learning...but now I'd like to make my own sites/sites...Here comes the dumb Q...how do I get rid of that site and create mine?...I know it sounds dumb, but for someone coming over from dreamweaver, where you hit a create new site button..joomla is a little tougher! please help if you can stop laughing long enough.. :hysterical:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AleX

AleX

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

Remember this: "It is not bad knowing what you don't know, but it's bad not knowing what you know. Nobody was born smart. There is no stupid question, there are only stupid answers."
Sumo sumare, don't be affraid to ask.

Now, back to the topic.

Delete all sections and categories and create new.

Install new modules and plugins.

Get some free or buy the template.

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Joomla is a completely different application than Dreamweaver, with a completely different purpose. Fortunately Joomla is well documented. I would suggest starting with the beginner's guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users