Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hotmail account compromised?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RustyFishHook

RustyFishHook

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:10 PM

Hey. For some reason my hotmail account keeps sending spam emails to everyone on my contacts list. How do I make it stop?

Edited by Andrew, 03 December 2010 - 05:12 PM.
Mod Edit: Changed to more descriptive title - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dingogold

dingogold

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Andrew,

Your account may have been compromised by Spyware. I have been getting multiples of Yahoo and Hotmail account users recently who are having the same problem. My suggestion is to download a spyware remover like SuperAntiSpyware... update it to current definitions and reboot your machine into Safe mode then clean your system up. Then change your email account password ...but be aware your contact list may have already been downloaded to the spammer(s) so stopping maybe be more difficult for the already captured contactlist participants. Changing the email password, and please use one more cryptic than a Spaceballs password, should keep the Spyware / Spammer(s) from getting more contacts and causing you more grief.

DingoGold

#3 RustyFishHook

RustyFishHook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Thanks. I already have SuperAntiSpyware, but I haven't made sure it updated. I'll do what you suggested and let you know what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users