Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup repair deadend

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 captainamerica

captainamerica

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Yesterday I started receiving "Cannot find server" messages in Firefox. Last night my wife restarted the laptop (Acer with Windows 7 64-bit). When trying to reboot, startup failed and came up with Startup Repair. Today, I can't seem to get past Startup repair, which give me the following message:

Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically.

Problem Signature:

Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200915
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 3
Problem Signature 07: BadDriver
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

The laptop won't boot in either safemode with networking or with command prompt. I don't mind if I have to wipe the thing clean (if I can find the system restore disk) as long as I can find a way to keep my data.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

If you have the installation disk you can try the following.

If your computer's system is severely damaged and you can't access the System Recovery Options menu on your computer, you can access it using the Windows 7 installation disc or a USB flash drive, or using a system repair disc if you created one earlier.

To use this method, you need to restart (boot) your computer using the disc or USB flash drive.

1. Insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, or a system repair disc, and then shut down your computer.

2. Restart your computer using the computer's power button.

3. When prompted, press any key, and then follow the instructions that appear.

4. On the Install Windows page, or on the System Recovery Options page, choose your language and other preferences, and then click Next.

*If neither the Install Windows page nor the System Recovery Options page appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

5. If you are using the Windows installation disc or USB flash drive, click Repair your computer.

6. Select the Windows installation you want to repair, and then click Next.

7. On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-HK/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

Edited by dc3, 03 December 2010 - 10:45 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users