Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to make what appears on a Monitor appear on a connected LCD monitor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lightsoff

lightsoff

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

Good morning,

I am trying to teach a class and currently have a pc monitor which I will be using to control the program. In addition, we have a lcd tv connected to present what I'm working on to the class. However, I am not able to show what i'm working using the pc monitor up on the lcd tv. I've tried going to Display properties>Settings and have setup which is my primary and which is my secondary. But, it only extends the desktop but doesnt duplicate the entire desktop including icons so that what I am working on one screen while it displays on the lcd tv. Can anyone help me with this? Thx. Currently using a split vga cord setup to connect both the pc monitor and the lcd tv.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

http://www.ehow.com/two-monitors-on-one-computer/

Louis

#3 lightsoff

lightsoff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Thx hamluis for the quick reply! The only thing is that the monitors are already connected I just want to be able to project what I'm doing on the pc monitor on the lcd tv and its not working. I've been able to activate the dual screen, however, the screen that i choose to be the primary displays what i'm working on and the other just shows the wallpaper. What I'm looking for is that whatever i'm working on on the pc monitor presents itself exactly on the lcd tv. That way i dont have to move from my area.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

Then...you need to read/follow XP's directions for using two monitors.

Try the XP Help menus, using "two monitors" as the search string.

Louis

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

it only extends the desktop

Uncheck the option to extend the desktop.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

I think there's some confusion about just what exactly the question is. Let's look at some of my mad image editing skills for a visual aide:
Posted Image

Are you asking how to enable a second monitor (top) or how to have the second monitor duplicate what's being show on the first monitor (bottom)?

The top one is easy and is built in to Windows XP. The bottom one is slightly less easy and is usually built in to your video card's graphics Control Panel or into the hardware of your laptop.

Edited by Andrew, 03 December 2010 - 05:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users