Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor and video card won't work together

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Slacko

Slacko

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

I just got my 8800GT back from RMA at EVGA and it wouldn't display anything on the monitor once installed. After swapping cards with another computer and swapping pretty much all other associated hardware, the only thing I've found is that my monitor won't work with the 8800GT in either computer with it's DVI port. But it works with my computer with the 8800GT with the analog port just fine. The monitor also works with it's DVI port at full resolution with another computer and video card (ATI x300). So I have no idea. All hardware works fine, just the 8800GT and the monitor do not work together via DVI. Anyone have a clue?

Windows 7 x64
E8400 Intel
Nvidia 8800GT
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard
Dell S2409W Monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

Have you tried changing the source on the monitor to DVI?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/S2409W/en/ug/operate.htm#Using%20the%20OSD - Look at the Input Source

#3 Slacko

Slacko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Have you tried changing the source on the monitor to DVI?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/S2409W/en/ug/operate.htm#Using%20the%20OSD - Look at the Input Source

Yes. Changed from Auto, DVI, Analog HDMI. When just DVI is in, Auto and DVI go to power saving mode. When both analog and DVI are plugged in, it goes to analog on auto, and dvi goes to power saving.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:53 PM

Try another DVI Cable.

#5 Slacko

Slacko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:10 AM

Try another DVI Cable.

Well, I've tried 1 full DVI cable and 2 VGA cables with a vga->DVI adapter. The DVI cable works from the x300 to the DVI port in the monitor fine, and the vga-DVI cables work from the 8800GT to 2 other monitors fine. Wouldn't that show the cables are working? Now that I think about it, the only thing I haven't been able to do is output 1920x1080 from the 8800GT to my monitor. The analog will only allow a slightly smaller ratio.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

Have you tried both ports on the 8800GT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users