Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

Well good luck to Depthcharge. I feel like I have been Torpedoed! I have 7 pc's in the house and have been chasing this recent malware attack on XP and Vista machines. I sure hope this stops soon as I am really starting to get discouraged and think about just shutting them all down, monitoring my email on the cell phone and regaining sanity! Of course the kids and wife aren't going to want to hear it!

Soap
UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

Hello again. I have all the machines running pretty well now with the exception of the daughters. It's a Vista machine. Will the fixes shown here work with a Vista OS.
Soap
UFO pilot

#3 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hello again. I have all the machines running pretty well now with the exception of the daughters. It's a Vista machine. Will the fixes shown here work with Vista? I'm not going to get it from her till tomorrow evening.
Soap

Edited by sudsy, 02 December 2010 - 10:18 PM.

UFO pilot

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

Yes these will work on Vista.
In some instances you may need to Right click on the desktop icon and select run as Administrator.

Sudsy I will now move you to your own Topic, Titled Malware as we do not need to keep emailing Depthcharge
with our respnses.

Edited by boopme, 02 December 2010 - 10:35 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

Thanks, I sure wish I had found this site before now.

Soap
UFO pilot

#6 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

Thanks boopme. I'll watch and post here if I have any more questions or trouble.

Soap
UFO pilot

#7 sudsy

sudsy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

I do have a question.

Can these malware infections act differently on Intel processor machines and AMD processors. My desktop is an Asus K8V MB with AMD Athlon64 processor. I am running 32 bit OS tho. It just seems to me that different stuff happens to the machines at almost the same time or day at least. I keep the desktop running 24/7.
UFO pilot

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:24 PM

Wait until this topic is complete: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic367896.html

Then PM a moderator to reopen this if still needed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users