Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Wind

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zuggy

Zuggy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Good night gentlemen. I'd love it if I could get some help from you. Recently, power went out so when I tried to boot windows 7 again it told me it needed to check some files, etc. So I let it do it. Once it restarted, it showed the Initializing screen, and when it started I could see my mouse, but everything else is black. I can move the mouse around, and if I hit ctr+alt+spr it takes me to the management screen.
I thought it might be Fences or rainmeter messing it up, so I started Safe mode up (from which I'm posting right now) and whenever I try to un-install Fences it tells me it failed because it can't access the Windows Installer service, which may happen if it's installed incorrectly.
I went on linux and deleted the files but it still shows on the program management screen. Already tried booting up with last good configuration, but to no avail.
Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:51 PM

Have you tried a repair install? http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html?ltr=R

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users