Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outpost Free Internet Security Suite 7.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Hello,

Okay I decided to update my Outpost Firewall and found that now they are offering Outpost 7.0 Internet Security Suite free edition too. This includes anti-virus, anti-spam and firewall.
Has anybody tried it? Does anybody know which anti-virus engine they are using? Google finds nothing about it.

Outpost firewall is already one of best firewalls. If the anti-virus engine is well reputed like Kaspersky then I will remove all else and install it :)

http://free.agnitum.com/

PS: If nobody answers, I will install it on my XP and post more about it in few days after testing it out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

Av engine is from Virusbuster, with agnitum's heuristics and anti-spyware engine added.

AFAIK, Outpost will disable any/either of these during installation if you already have alternatives in place.

Mini review HERE.

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

I will check how VirusBuster performs. Wikipedia says that Kaspersky also uses their technology. That's a good thing.
Thanks RedDawn :)

#4 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

What I do not like about Outpost Security Suite Free is that they only let you download updates and AV signatures 1 time per day.
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users