Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Remote to PC on Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 valley_girl1919

valley_girl1919

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

Hi! At work we have software call Dameware that we use to remote into other users Pc's and I cannot connect to one users PC. I have an idea of what caused me not to be able to do this but just don't know how to fix it. About a week ago I changed the name on this persons PC. I right clicked on my computer and went to computer name in system properties and first put the computer name i no longer wanted in workgroup and took it out of the domain, then restarted and renamed pc then another restart and finally took new name from workgroup and put it back in our domain and restarted once more. when logging onto windows at the first login after changing the name i noticed it took a little bit and was saying(i think) " creating domain list" for a little while and eventually everything came up and i was able to log onto everything and connect shared folders on the network everything appeared okay but i noticed a few days later i could not connect to her pc (which is at a different location) using dameware software but i can connect to other users at that branch fine. The user is having no problems and can connect to everything on the network. The only problem is that i cannot remote in using dameware. I made sure her pc was set to allow users to connect remotely. when I try to connect to her pc clicking on her computer name in micrsoft windows network i get an error that says " not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource" Can anyone help me with this. I could connect fine before i changed her pc name.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TimoSmitty91

TimoSmitty91

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:08 AM

Can you check if you can RDP in to the user's computer from yours? Just want to make sure it's only a Dameware issue and not a networking problem. :busy:
"Without struggle, there is no progress" - F. Douglas

Los Angeles IT Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users