Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittant network connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

We're having an issue where our road runner cable connection goes down for anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours. Of course, when the cable guy comes out, it is working fine and he can find nothing. Both the cable TV and internet connections are going down so it is most likely an issue with the signal outside and not anything internal.

I would like to be able to document when and for how long we are losing the signal. Is there a *simple* freeware application that would monitor an internet connection and log when it's good and when it's not? Perhaps something that periodically pings the CMTS server and logs the results. Ping Plotter will do the pinging, but I don't think the freeware version will keep a log of when the outage occurs.

Thanks.

Edited by ddeerrff, 02 December 2010 - 02:17 PM.

Derfram
~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

Ran across "Karen's 'Net Monitor", looks like it will do what I was looking to do.
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users