Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Arabic translations on web searches


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trouble at mill

trouble at mill

  • Members
  • 136 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

Hello, I have a bit of a strange problem with my HP Pavilion notebook which I find a little irritating, Instead of surfing using my Administrator account, for security reasons I created a standard user account for run of the mill tasks, which would be fine, apart from the fact that any google listing that appears on my screen comes along with what seems to be some kind of Arabic translation, and also the listings are indented from the right hand side instead of the left, this problem does not occur with my administrator account, also when I switch between my administrator and user accounts I have to disconnect the USB mouse and re-connect it before it will work. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


#2 trouble at mill

trouble at mill
  • Topic Starter

  • Members
  • 136 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:40 PM

OK, I've got an update on this problem: As far as the Arabic bit goes, it seems to be a Opera problem (does not occur using Firefox). As for the problem with the mouse locking up after changing users, I found a (Fix)!!! the fix goes: if it is an HP laptop/notebook this is caused by the hpqwmiex.exe service, if you disable the service from msconfig the problem disappears, this does not work, it is easier just to disconnect/reconnect the mouse when changing users, bye the way the track pad us unaffected by this problem!.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

    Moderator


  • Moderator
  • 56,276 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Killeen, TX
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for posting your situation and the resolutions of same...happy computing :).

Louis




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users