Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emulators

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:54 AM

I want to remove a software emulator, but I don't know it's type, name, location, or even how to remove it. A video game installation program detected it, but I seem to not be able to find it, is their a search program specific to finding emulator software and removing it? Or am I going to have to spend lots of money letting the 'geek squad' tier it limb from limb.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:01 AM

A video game installation detected it - so what did the error say exactly? And what video game was it? These clues can help us to find it.

Another thing to try is to go to Add or Remove Programs and search around for anything that might be it. Then either google it or post back here for more advice.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

The copy-protection on modern videogames that detect emulation software very often give false positives. Might be that you don't have any emulation software to remove.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:06 AM

i'm not good with name's, but a program without a description and with the rarest use, looks questionable to me. it's called autorealm.... is that what i'm looking for? anyone heard of it?
(and the game that detected it is called nexis:the jupiter conflict, and this $45 game won't work with an emulator installed, it just said it detected one, nothing else)

Edited by DarkAngel_, 02 December 2005 - 11:11 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:08 AM

Welcome to AutoREALM!
...a free Fantasy Role-Playing mapper software and a new GNU Community of Role-Playing Gamers.

and, a couple of links:
http://www.gryc.ws/autorealm.htm
http://autorealm.sourceforge.net/index.php
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

ok then, i don't know, could the game detect that as a software emulator?

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:59 AM

Dunno. I'm not a gamer, and have no clue as to how those programs work.

Try uninstalling it - then installing the game that gave you the error. If it works, that was it - if not, then it's gotta be something else.

#8 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:24 AM

What about Morpheus 5.1, could that be detected as an emulator, i uninstalled it (heard it was illegal) but could remnants of the program be i.d.ed as an emulation program?

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:34 AM

Yes, it could be that. You'd have to remove remnants of it manually from your hard drive and registry - and that's a pain and dangerous!

#10 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:48 AM

so, let me try to install it know and if it still don't work.... the hard way. (nooooooo!!!)

#11 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:06 AM

Yes! it installed!

Edited by DarkAngel_, 04 December 2005 - 11:15 AM.

#12 DarkAngel_

DarkAngel_
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:09 AM

Whats a CD/DVD emulator, it says to disable it or the program can't run.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:43 PM

Same stuff as we did before - just switch the word "software" with CD/DVD"

Also, check in Device Manager to see if you have an extra CD/DVD device in there - that will be the emulated one and you can disable it by right clicking on it and selecting "Disable".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users