Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG fighting with Malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

OK I have seen this on three different machines (2 XP and 1 Vista so far. I get a bubble that says Malwarebytes has blocked a potential threat. outgoing IP address always 213.109.XX.XX. I noticed it when AVG is trying to update or fix a problem. On 1 of the XP machines it actually froze the computer. WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL OF THE SUDDEN. I HAVE NEVER SEEN MALWARE ATTACKS LIKE THIS BEFORE
UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

There have been numerous complaints about AVG 2011 causing issues and conflicts with other security tools like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Read the related discussions at AVG:Make sure you read Section H (AVG Anti-Virus) of Malwarebytes' Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions.

There have also been reported problems with computers after using new features like PC Analyzer and PC Tuneup which purport to fix registry errors in order to make the system more stable and various optimizing tools which can make changes to system settings.

Edited by quietman7, 02 December 2010 - 07:40 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users