Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blank Screen on Startup

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 khun barry

khun barry

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

My problem is similar to mooremny because my DELL Latitude D810 hangs with an empty black screen after the Windows XP page has finished scrolling across the screen at start up. It will not show the Welcome (Click your user name) page

It will boot up fully in Safe Mode and the Welcome (Click your user name) page works ok.

I followed elise025 instructions in the similar post by inserting the XP CD-ROM but it still won't boot up in normal mode (I checked the Boot Sequence on the BIOS page and it shows 1.Diskette Drive on top of the list.

I uninstalled my AVG anti virus progamme in case that was the problem, but I still have an empty black screen in Normal Mode. I also ran CHKDSK but all seems to be ok with that utility.

This problem originally began after I had successfully booted up in Normal Mode and read my emails. then I closed the lid and when I re-opened it an hour later it showed an empty black screen. It usually shows the same page that I was working on previously.

I'm hoping you can solve my problem too! Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users