Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Email W/outlook From Office Aps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snoopsmom

snoopsmom

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

User has Win XP Pro and Office 2003. She can send/receive email & attachments using Outlook 2003 directly, but if she tries to send an attachment through Office applications using the "File...Send..." feature, she gets the message:

"The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D".

In googling this error message I have found solutions for situations in which NO email can be sent, but none for this situation, in which email is OK when sent directly through Outlook but not through an Office application. I tried the Microsoft Community Newsgroup, but the only response I have so far is to make sure Outlook is set as the default, which it is. Does anyone have any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 diego88

diego88

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

Hello snoopsmom!

What ISP (Internet Service Provider) are they using? Usually you can find help on setting up Outlook through the ISP Help Pages.

diego88

#3 snoopsmom

snoopsmom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:15 AM

Hi, diego 88! Her account was set up using the instructions provided by the ISP. The email works fine through Outlook directly, it's just through the aps that it doesn't work. I just thought maybe there was a setting somethere, either in Outlook or in the Office application, that I was missing. If we can't get this sorted out, she'll just have to bite the bullet and attach Office documents through Outlook, rather than the other way 'round. Thanks for replying.!

Snoopsmom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users