Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no i.e.8 icon with ''windows ""null''

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cz-7

cz-7

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:57 PM

this trouble started monday ,i tried to go on i.e. 8 -it flashed and crashed ! tried the other ways to fix the icon tried short cuts ,reinstalled etc all failed back stepped to i.e.7 the same crap scaned for bugs etc all in vain ..no i.e. icon works!...anybody have ideas on fixing this one ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:30 AM

Forget about IE, for the moment.

Is the system otherwise working normally?

No crashes, error messages, etc.?

What is the exact wording of error messages received when trying to use IE?

Louis

#3 cz-7

cz-7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

Forget about IE, for the moment.

Is the system otherwise working normally?

No crashes, error messages, etc.?

What is the exact wording of error messages received when trying to use IE?

Louis

no crashes, error messages, bsod but flashing /no start of ie 8 but windows ''null'' not found .. the rest of system works great .its very tough the only way to use i.e is to control panel next pull down favorites go to site next homepage icon now it works but no shortcuts made will from this point as well.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users