Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

External HDD setup.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cooldudenz

cooldudenz

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hi all, Ive had a GreenStar external enclosure for ages, I couldnt get it to work right so its been unpluged for awile, Found out the other day that some of the power adapters for this model were faulty, So ive got a new one & put a 2TB HDD in it.

So anyway ive got it working. My question is it has a button on the back called copy. Just wondering how this works as i have two internal drives & mainly want to do a full backup of my second drive + a few files off my C drive.

This is the HDD enclosure.

http://www.xpcgear.com/me740ps.html

Also in regards to copying files. Im running Win7.
I have a 500GB external drive which awile ago i had say 400GB on it, & wanted to copy over another 30GB or so, The new 30GB i wanted to copy was in with the other 400GB of stuff that was already on the drive (but on the C drive copy). So i wanted to select the hole folder (430GB in which 400GB was already on the external) and drag that over expecting it to give me the prompt to skip or override the existing files (which i would of skipped) but instead it tells me there isn't enough room on the external drive, Even tho it was only 30GB of new data. So it was thinking it had to move over another 430GB of data instead of checking for double up's first.

Any way around this so next time it checks what im trying to copy before it checks the space required?
Or do i have to go though every file & select the ones i want.... Because that will take ages lol.

Edited by cooldudenz, 01 December 2010 - 06:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users