Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE keeps trying to close and reopen pages!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saithe

saithe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm using safe mode w networking at the moment to get onto the net right now, but in normal mode, I open IE and whilst it will initially load my home page with no problem, after a few seconds it will "Recover" or try to recover the tab, and will do this repeatedly until IE freezes. I've run MBAM and it hasn't helped, and I've tried various troubleshooting processes. The internet connection appears to be OK (I'm using wireless, not LAN). Can anyone help with this? It was working fine up until about 2pm this afternoon when I left it in standby for a few hours, but when I picked it up about half 6, I suddenly found IE wasn't working.I'm running IE8, and I'm using an XP Home Edition OS. Can someone help? Thankyou!

Edited by saithe, 01 December 2010 - 04:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:40 AM

Did you try different browser?

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 saithe

saithe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

I haven't yet, do you think it would be worth downloading FireFox and seeing if that works?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Of course. We'll know more.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#5 J. Charelle

J. Charelle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:28 AM

My computer keeps doing the same thing; I'm using google chrome right now. Any suggestions? I'm running windows 7, but i'm not sure what version of internet explorer it is.

#6 J. Charelle

J. Charelle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:37 AM

Lee64 posted this on another board, and it worked for me:

You may (or may not) benefit by trying this:

- control panel
-Internet options
-advanced tab
-then click reset button.

Cheers,
Lee

granted, you have to reset all of your homepages and things, but it doesn't lock up anymore...

Edited by J. Charelle, 04 December 2010 - 03:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users