Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows blacklisting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 draco1

draco1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

keep getting windows blacklisting coming up when i want to load a web page seems to do it on all three different types of browsers e.g. goggle chrome ie firefox, i have looked at the host file and there seems nothing wrong there, or the proxy setting on the browsers. the pc did have norton on which i have removed and installed avg. i also used the Norton removal tool as well to be double sure the Norton was removed. i have run mailware bytes and super anti spy ware combo fix will not run on windows 7 64 bit. which would be my normal system of fixing this type of problem. it has windows 7 installed home premium. can norton still be installed even after the norton removal tool is used if so is there a way of checking other than looking though the registry to find it ??. any help would be appreciated thank you to all who reply to this :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vaine

Vaine

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

Norton's is a piece of crap. I had my laptop and it came with Nortons, and it did the same thing. There is no way to 'completely' Get rid of it, unless you want to be more invasive, just goto your Program files and find the Nortons folder and make sure there is nothing in it, if there is something in it, Try deleting the folder. But before you do that, Hit the windows Key +R to open the run dialog. Type in Appwiz.cpl Which brings up add or remove programs. Look for any 'Symantec' Programs, like autoupdate, and get rid of them all, Symantec is the company that owns Nortons. As for your hosts file, I wouldn't touch it. You may have to reformat like I did.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:55 AM

keep getting windows blacklisting coming up when i want to load a web page

What do you mean by "blacklisting"?

What site/s are you trying to access when this happens?

About Combofix.

ComboFix is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by a member of our Malware Removal Team who has been properly trained in its use. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

What countries are the blacklisted sites from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users