Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I would like to know of some third party tools the control the UAC in vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frank H. Shaw

Frank H. Shaw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:32 AM

I have been looking for some third party tools the help to manage the UAC model in the very basic version of vista that i can install to handle the configartion of the UAC with out actual disabling the UAC in those systems. I personal would never use the vista I my self jumped to the system 7 version of the OS.

I need this information for my friends and have been recently having trouble installing some system appliaction on vista.

This one of the reason jump and went from XP perfesional to syatem 7 ullamate version of microsoft OS.

Any ideas or help in this would be appecated.

TAHNSK

Frank H. Shaw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

You can disable UAC in Vista you'll find all the instructions on google !
But be warned disabling UAC can make Vista less secure !

Edited by doinmeedin, 01 December 2010 - 03:04 PM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hi Frank, and welcome to BC.

Maybe TweakUAC, or Norton UAC Tool.

Note: Norton UAC Tool is no longer in development, but you can still download a copy from Softpedia.

Disclaimer: I have not personally used either of these tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users